1. The hotel was not to expensive,_______________?
(a) was it ?
(b) want it ?
(c)is it ?
(d) isn't it ?
Ans. (a) was it? – is the correct question tag.
2. Like humans, Zoo animals must have a dentist _________their teeth.
(d) to be filled
Ans. (C) Must have a dentist filling is the correct use of tense.
3. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up but you________ it
(a) didn't have to do
(b) hadn't to do
(c) mightn't have done
(d) mustn't have done
Ans. (d) Correct use tense in the given context.
4. He went __________ sea alone.
Ans. (C) Alone supports the preposition 'into.'
5. The ______________ of our civilization from an agricultural society to today's complex industrial world was accompanied by war.
Ans. (d) It means a striking alteration in appearance, character etc.
6. The court _____________ cognizance of the criminal's words.
Ans. (a) Idiom takes cognizance of something means: to understand or consider something to take notice of something.
7. __________ wins this civil war there will be little rejoicing at
Ans. (b) Whoever wins is the correct use.
8. As he got older his belief in these principles did not____________.
Ans. (a) The word wither means: to become less or weaker.
9. Everyone in this world is accountable to God ___________ his actions.
Ans. (b) for.
10. Your father used to be the principal of this college__________ ?
(a) did he?
(b) does he?
(c) didn't he?
(d) doesn't he?
Ans. (c) didn't he?.